Tia Semi is a 20-year-old emerging fashion designer and model working out of the Old Police Station in Fremantle. Tia is passionate about celebrating her Samoan cultural heritage, encouraging others to see past differences and disabilities, and inspiring people with disabilities to follow their dreams. Tia is deaf and has an intellectual disability, Epilepsy and Cerebral Palsy.
Tia’s creativity and passion for fashion led her to start her own small business in the form of a micro-enterprise, through which she is achieving her aspirations of starting her own fashion label and modelling career.
The success of Tia’s enterprise has meant growing out of the Old Police Station where she currently works, to take up residency with her friend Sophie in a new larger space located in the iconic old West Australian building to grow her business and mentor others.
Tia is currently working with a successful international fashion designer to design and sew her first collection, which showcases her Samoan heritage and will be debuted during her fundraising event: Tia Semi’s Island Runway; A Valued Lives Supported Event.
You can check out Tia’s journey, her growing modelling portfolio and her blog at http://tiasfunkandsoul.com/
About the event
Tia Semi’s Island Runway is a fundraising initiative to promote rand raise funds to support Tia and her micro-enterprise fashion label. It will be a fashionably fun celebration with an Island theme and flavour, boosted by the committed support of the local Polynesian communities.
The night will include the debut of Tia’s Island design collection modelled on the runway by Tia and friends, traditional dancers, a DJ, a wishing well for donations, competitions with prizes including T-shirts from Tia’s collection and a photo opportunity during the presentation to the winners.
We’ll also be including a silent auction and raffles throughout the evening using designs from Tia’s collection and quality items sourced from local WA businesses. With many contributors and several big-name celebrity endorsements already confirmed, it is set to be a fantastic night of inclusion, inspiration, fashion, culture, partying and celebrating life.
Valued Lives is a registered charity and will be hosting the event. Donations made both for, and during, the event will be tax-deductible. Donations are made in Tia Semi’s name to Valued Lives Foundation Inc, which has authority to fundraise under Bridging Communities Inc’s Charitable Collections license. All post-costs proceeds from the event will be managed by Valued Lives and will be used exclusively to enable and support Tia to develop her micro-enterprise and modelling career.
The event will be held on 20 February 2018 at the Metro City Nightclub in Northbridge. Metro City has kindly donated the venue for the event.
How you can support Tia
As we rely heavily on donations for this major fundraising event, we’re looking for support from local businesses in any way possible. Whether it is a cash donation, provision of service for the event or a donation towards our silent auction or raffle hampers, your assistance will be greatly appreciated.
What do you get out of it?
As well as the opportunity to be recognised as a socially responsible organisation via your support of Tia, people with disabilities, and valuable not for profit organisations like Valued Lives, we will of course be showing our great appreciation for all the supporters of this event, including in the following ways:
(Donation of an item under $200 for one of our raffle hampers/silent auction)
- Acknowledgement of your business in a thank you post on Valued Lives social media platforms recognising all supporters
(Contribution of cash, product or services between the values of $200 to $499)
- One complimentary ticket to the event
- Acknowledgement of your valued contribution by a key speaker at the event
- Exclusive social media post acknowledging your business’ contribution on our Facebook event page
- Acknowledgement of your business in thank you post on Valued Lives social media platforms recognising all supporters
- The opportunity to provide promotional material for guest goodie bags and/or prizes
- Acknowledgement of your business in a blog post on both the Valued Lives website and Tia’s Funk ‘N Soul website following the event
(Contribution of cash, product or services to the value of $500 or more)
- Silver supporter benefits (above)
- Two complimentary tickets to the event
- Exclusive post promoting your business services on Tia’s website and social media platforms (inclusive of a link to your website)
- Acknowledgement of your business in an email sent to attendees following the event
- If you have any queries about this event, contact Gina Semi at firstname.lastname@example.org